DIY: T-Shirt Scarf

I'm on Christmas break! Well, not officially, seeing as how I still have to close the dorm on Monday. But I'm done with classes & exams & final critiques :) For the first time in months, I have... free time! So nice. I've been saving up craft project ideas all semester & am really excited to work on some of them.

My project of the day?
A t-shirt scarf.



This was incredibly easy to make, and simply requires four t-shirts & a pair of scissors. I used fabric scissors, obviously, but regular scissors would work.

First, cut the hem off the bottom of the t-shirt & set it aside. (You'll use this later.) Then cut eight strips. Repeat with the remaining three shirts.


Stretch each strip & loop it eight times (like a ponytail holder). Do this with all 32 strips.


Cut the hem into strips about 4''-5'' long & use it to tie the loops together in a double knot.


Tada! Super easy & cute. I know a lot of little girls on my Christmas list who would love this. Actually, I know some big girls who would love it as well... :)


I wish I could do crafts for a living. Actually, maybe I can. More about that in the next post...