Diapers in the Dorm

When I moved back to Duke in August, my boss (the residence coordinator for our neighborhood) told our staff that him & his wife were pregnant! Needless to say, we were all extremely excited. He lives in the dorm, his office in in the dorm... and now there was going to be a baby in the dorm! Oh, the madness :)

A week later, he found out that they were not just having one baby, not two babies, but THREE babies!


Surprise :)


I've had this card made for over a month, because you never know how early triplets can arrive. And what do you know: the three little peas decided to make their appearance while I was home on spring break.

It was a rather difficult pregnancy; the triplets are actually a set of identical twins plus one. The twins had twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome and Mike & Stacie ended up going to Cincinnati Children's Hospital for surgery to increase the babies chances of survival. Then Stacie spent months on bed rest at Duke Hospital (while remaining a student in her final year of medical school!) I've said lots of prayers for these little guys over the past few months and am so happy that on March 8, all three of these cuties arrived safely --- what a miracle!

I snagged this picture from Stacie's blog: Three Peas in the Pod. Mike also does photography on the side, so check out the link for some adorable first family photos!

How appropriate that Duke University Neighborhood THREE just gained a set of triplets.
Avery, Grant, & Lucas --- welcome to Duke :)


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


And on a completely unrelated note, you'll be happy to know that Rebecca Black has made an impression on the Blue Devil's campus as well. I walked into the Coffeehouse tonight to find this:


I'm not sure if I should laugh or just shake my head.