My Moto Military Weekend, Part II


I posted Part I of my "moto military weekend" yesterday -- if you missed it, you can check it out here.
And if you haven't figured out what "moto" means, you can check it out here.

Moving along...


You're no longer in civilian world when...

You have friends with T-shirts like this:



...and even more friends who could proudly wear the same T-shirt.



You're no longer in civilian world when...

You drive past buildings on base with the grim reaper painted on the side.



Zach's current unit: 1st Battalion, 9th Marines: The Walking Dead. How's that for moto?


You're no longer in civilian world when...

You (successfully!) attempt to fit inside your Marine's seabag and he proceeds to carry you around on his back.




You're really no longer in civilian world when...

You browse through the clothing section at the PX and look across the aisle to see this:



Oh, heyyy.


You're no longer in civilian world when...

You notice that People magazine has been replaced with the Marine Corps Times at the checkout counters.




You're no longer in civilian world when...

You have dozens of photos that you're not allowed to share because you weren't actually authorized to take them. My bad, Lejeune. Post some signs in the area or something, because it's super cool looking and there's no way I was the first person to snap some pics.


You're no longer in civilian world when...

You park next to this, period.




You're no longer in civilian world when...

Even the drink machines are moto. I like what I see, Mr. Blue Digital Camo with your EGA.




You're no longer in civilian world when...

You spend your Sunday afternoon as the sole female in a military barber shop surrounded by at least 50 Marines getting their weekly "high and tights" and "medium regs." This is easily my favorite tradition when I visit Zach on base. Words can't do it justice, so I'm not even going to try.


And lastly, you're no longer in civilian world when...

You pass this window display at the mall.




I told you... it's a completely different world.

• • • • •

Keep it classy, J-Vegas. Until next time...