Currently // January

CURRENTLY // JANUARY • 01.18.16

CELEBRATING three years of marriage with an afternoon at IKEA and date night at The Cheesecake Factory. I was sick on our actual anniversary (super romantic, I know), but our day in Charlotte more than made up for it :) As cliché as it sounds, it's crazy to think that we've been married for three years – it's gone by SO quickly! My sister once joked that Zach is the best thing that has happened to me since contacts, but I think he might just be the best thing that has happened to me, period.

CHEERING the Carolina Panthers on in the NFC Championship game this weekend. I'm liking these "cats vs. birds" match-ups, because (spoiler) I have a cat and I know exactly how that ends. Meow.

ENJOYING the 52 Lists Project, a journal by Moorea Seal (photo above). I love everything about it: the once-weekly writing prompts (unlike those every-day-for-five-years journals... that level of commitment stresses me out!) and the beautiful design + layout. Five stars, definitely recommend.

HANGING all the things! I'm not sure what it is about January – the idea of a fresh start, the emptiness of the house once all the Christmas decorations are put away (so sad!), or some combination of both – but I'm totally into redecorating our living space this month. New artwork, new shelves, new plants, a giant new mirror – it's fun to watch a few home decor purchases completely transform a room.

LOOKING forward to 2016, even though it brings a lot of uncertainty (although really, what year doesn't?) We have lots of life changes on the horizon with Zach's career, but also a trip to New York City to look forward to in March! Plus, we're hoping 2016 will be the year we maybe make our largest grown-up purchase yet, so fingers crossed for successful adulting these next twelve months.

PLAYING this song on repeat – perhaps the most underrated song by the Black Eyed Peas, honestly. It's rather appropriate on MLK Day (One tribe, one time, one planet, one race / it's all one blood, don't care about your face / color of your eye or the tone of your skin...) and equally fitting for this year's presidential race (I don't need no leader that's gonna force feed a / concept that make me think I need to / fear my brother and fear my sister...). And that's all I'll say about that ;)

SMELLING all the candles! (Or should it be COLLECTING all the candles?) Zach's favorite go-to gift to receive is a bag of dark roast coffee beans (and Christmas did not disappoint, as we currently have a large enough stash to open a mini-Starbucks), but me? Give me something I can light on fire that also smells good, and I'll love you forever :) My number one is currently Autumn Sky from Bath & Body Works (which smells more like the best men's cologne of your life than anything autumn-related), but close favorites are Grey Moss from Pottery Barn and Espresso from Anthropologie. Mmmm.

SNAPCHATTING more than all other social media combined, go figure. I post a photo on Facebook or Instagram occasionally (you know, to let the world know that I'm still alive, still not pregnant, and still not running a marathon); I tweet when I'm feeling sassy and sarcastic (so more frequently, for sure); and I pin basically never (is that still a thing)? Find me on Snapchat (@simplybeffie) for somewhat-more-consistent updates :)