Rainy Days

They say every cloud has a silver lining, and I'm convinced the only silver lining to rainy days in college is the fact that I get to wear my rain boots. I love my rain boots. In fact, I devoted an embarrassingly significant amount of time (and money) in order to find the most perfectly artsy, sophisticated, Beth-esque rain boots. But hey, if I'm being forced to crawl out of my warm, snuggly bed and trek across an incredibly dreary Gothic campus amidst a monsoon while simultaneously watching my hair frizz by the minute, I should have some darn cute rain boots that make me smile, right?


Unfortunately, I haven't been doing much smiling in my rain boots this week. A huge cold front has accompanied the drearily gray skies, and I know that my days of 90 degree weather are coming to an end. I suppose it's all fine and well for the millions of people who (absurdly) hate the summer heat, but for this poor little girl who is legitimately allergic to the cold (thanksss, mom), I wouldn't mind a few extra weeks of blazing sunshine.

All grouchiness aside, I reminded myself that we need the rain and found these old pictures from one of my summers at camp. This particular summer, it rained every single time I went horseback riding. However, in true camp counselor extraordinaire form, I lived by "fun people can have fun doing anything" and rallied my fellow junior high campers to join me in a rousing rendition of "Singin' in the Rain."


While I have no plans to skip across campus all "bow-legged, head back, & tongue out," the memories did make my heart happy... along with the fact that it's supposed to stop raining by Friday, in which case, I will still continue to proudly wear my rain boots until the very last puddle has completely evaporated :)