Bookbag Memories

Sooo... my camera charger finally came in (from Hong Kong, who knew?) and I am super excited about taking lotsss more pictures. I feel like I have billions of pictures from my high school days and then... no documentation of my college years. Maybe it's better that way ;) But seriously, I'm making it a goal to work on that.

In the meantime, I was finally able to upload all of the pics that I had on my camera when it died back in August. Among the photos was a picture I took toward the very end of the summer before I moved back to Duke. While cleaning out stuff & figuring what I was going to pack, I found my Camp Bethel bookbag from 2007. Not the splatter paint bookbag -- I have that at Duke and actually carry it from time to time. The bookbag I found was the one I had during my first three years of high school. I took it to camp after my junior year and let all my campers & co-counselors sign it throughout the summer. Obviously, after endless nights of Home-In-The-Woods and Horseshoe Bend hikes, the bookbag was disgustingly dirty and mom refused to let me carry it during my senior year of high school. It got packed away, and I don't think I've seen it since.

So imagine my surprise when I saw this:


Haha! Yes, the signatures down at the bottom clearly belong to some of my precious tenderfoot campers, but up at the top... Zacharie! It's really funny to think about it now, because that was almost one full year before we started dating! (Sorry, I got a little carried away with the exclamation points.) We were co-counselors for a little over two days during July 2007 -- and let's just say that I'm glad our co-counseling abilities were not indicative of our relationship-to-be :) Still, it's funny to think that this is actually where it all began. And although neither Zach nor I had any idea what was in store for our lives together at this point, we have no doubt that God was just beginning to weave together the starting threads of our relationship... and we've been SO blessed every since.

On a completely separate side note -- I had NO idea that boy was capable of writing that neatly. Someone has been holding out on me for the past two & a half years... ;)