Fall Break

*I realize that I'm getting pretty slack at updating, but I'm blaming it on the fact that nobody likes a blog without pretty pictures & I have lost my camera charger. Fail, Beth -- I know. No worries. I've ordered a new one. In the meantime, I apologize for my text-heavy posts*

Basically, here's a summary of my fall break:

Friday
I drove to Winston after my interview with PSS (more about that later this week) and arrived home before 4:30 in the afternoon. Mom had to pick Corrie up from Calvary's homecoming game, so we decided to get there a little early and watch the court. Lesson learned: I do not miss Calvary or high school in the least bit. I actually already knew that; it was just re-emphasized throughout the night. After homecoming, I stayed up until 5AM working on my project for dPS (more about that later this week as well).

Saturday
Corrie dragged me out of bed around 2 in the afternoon to go shopping. I wasn't thrilled, but we were celebrating my birthday with the family (mostly because I was already in town and wouldn't be able to come in on my birthday weekend because of Pilgrimage -- more about THAT later this week as well... goodness!), so I had a lot of money to spend in a short amount of time. I ended up with a sweet pair of boots, two pairs of jeans, two tank tops, three long-sleeved shirts, a cardigan, a sweater, two other nice shirts, two pairs of earrings, a bracelet, and a $10 iTunes card because I didn't feel like finding anything else to buy. Saturday night was a continuation of the dPS project, but fortunately, I finished around 1:45AM.

Sunday
Church, as usual. Well, not really as usual, since I've gotten used to the Saturday service at the Summit Church in Durham. But you get the picture. Zach drove up to Winston from Jacksonville on Sunday afternoon for my family birthday party where I received all aforementioned purchases, in addition to Starbucks, Sheetz, & Target gift cards. And... he got to stay overnight since Monday was a government holiday & he had a 72!

Monday
Zach left around noon, and I worked on homework for a while (lamesauce, Duke -- it's fall break!). Katherine, Corrie, & I had our annual Christmas pictures made, and unanimously agreed that we are too old for such shenanigans. If pictures are really that necessary, we can easily use mom's nice camera and take some shots. After the painful photo extravaganza, I got to choose dinner since it was my last night of fall break (Golden Corral was not an option, though. Hmph!), so we went to... Sonic. Yep. You never know what you got 'til it's gone... and Durham is lacking in the gloriousness that is corn dogs, tater tots, and blue coconut slushies.

Tuesday
Zach had his going away ceremony at the marina on base, so I left Winston at 7:25AM in order to be in Jacksonville by 11:30. I hung out at the armory one last time with everyone before going to the cookout. (Once again, no turkey burgers, in case you were curious...) Everyone had the opportunity to say something about Zach and the other two guys who are switching units, and Zach was the only one to receive absolutely nothing but praise and positive encouragement. He truly is skilled at what he does, and it was such a blessing hearing others talk about how they've always been able to trust him/look up to him/go to him with questions. I'll admit it, I'm completely gushing over my sweet boyfriend right now. But I really am so, SO proud of him. Oftentimes, his hard work and faithful obedience seems to go unnoticed, so it was really nice to see him in the spotlight :) I said goodbye to room 215B (two fifteen bravo) and returned to Duke, thus concluding my fall break.

Whew. Kind of long, considering I didn't really do much of anything. However, I did enjoy time with my family & the love of my life, as well as two blue coconut slushies & four ridiculously long bubble baths. As far as catching up on sleep, I've got a long way to go...