Halfway There...

Oh my goodness -- the week is halfway over! The past few days have been crazy stressful with schoolwork, and while part of me can't believe it's already Wednesday, the other part of me feels like it's been a month since last weekend.

Here is what's currently getting me through the week:


1. Surprise sticky notes from Zach. Whenever Zach visits, he writes little notes and hides them all over my room while I'm getting ready to go to the Summit or out to dinner, since it takes me exponentially longer to get ready than it takes him. As soon as he leaves, I rush back into my room & find all of them right away. Let's face it. My dorm room is only so big, and we've been dating for nearly two and a half years, so I normally end up figuring out where he's hidden them in less than fifteen seconds. However, we were on the phone earlier this week and he asked me how many I had found since he left the night before. When I told him that I had found all three, he told me there was another one! Needless to say, I tore my room apart trying to find the last sticky note after we hung up, and I don't think I've stopped smiling since. The notes normally say stuff like, "I love you" or "You're beautiful," but it's like he knew I was gonna need a LOT of extra encouragement to survive this week. And he was right! Although my week has been exhausting and stressful, it has been great. Particularly thanks to him & his optimistic attitude; he really is my better half :)


2. Spanish Countdown. I have a billion countdown calendar widgets on my desktop, but none bring me more joy than the "NO MÁS ESPAÑOL" countdown. Forty days from now, I will have taken my last Spanish exam everrr and plan on speaking nothing but English for a very, very long time. My parents have already been warned that the Dean's List just isn't gonna happen this semester thanks to this lovely class, seeing as I'm struggle-bussing to simply pass, and they're beyond okay with that. Thank goodness. Even though Spanish is kicking my butt, seeing forty days on the countdown has made the week bearable. Just like Momma always tells me, "This too shall pass." Pretty sure she stole that from the Bible...


3. Christmas drinks at Starbucks. Um, so apparently it's November? Seriously, how did that happen? I totally missed that one. Laura & I went to Starbucks this morning as per usual, and the peppermint mocha is on the menu! Yes, folks. Ready or not, Christmas is coming. And while I'm not one of those people who starts celebrating Christmas the day after Halloween (Don't justify it. I'm judging you...), I do love some peppermint mocha. Today's was extra wonderful considering I pulled an all-nighter (writing my last ever Spanish paper, grr). Without a doubt, this pretty little red cup is most certainly the only thing that got me through today, and now I'm even more excited about Wednesday morning Starbucks with Laura.

Yay, surviving half the week.

To celebrate, I'm gonna take a five hour nap...