Camp Bethel SPC

"What exactly do you do as the Summer Program Coordinator at Camp Bethel?"

I hear that question quite frequently, and I never really know what to say. There's obviously a lot of not-so-thrilling office work that must be done every week (unit/counselor/cabin assignments, bunknotes, copying health forms & filing registration forms, etc.). There's the occasional sick (or homesick) camper that needs a little extra attention. There's a lot of behind-the-scenes work that most people don't realize goes on.

But let's be honest. I pretty much have the best summer job ever.


[Yep. I live here. And see this almost every day. Be jealous.]


Because when I'm not in the office, I'm singing crazy songs with even crazier motions...



...and being in ridiculously silly skits...




...and running and screaming and playing...




...and leading Bible studies...



...and planning worship...




...and somewhere in the midst of it all, I'm striving to show these campers a light that is so lovely that they want with all their hearts to know the source.



That's definitely the best job description I've ever heard :)