Friday's Letters


Less than 174 hours until I am completely done with all of my college assignments, ever.

That's like, one week, folks. One week.

Until then, I'm joining the Friday's Letters link-up.


Dear Temperatures In The 40s & 50s This Week:
I'm not sure where you came from, or why you felt the need to crash the springtime party, but I sincerely hope you are gone for good. This whole 70s/80s thing is much better. Much, much better.

Dear Microscopic Scrape On The Back Of My Leg:
It's been a week. You can quit bleeding now.

(Seriously, this happens all the time. I have problems.)

Dear Hannah Guisewite:
I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was to receive your package full of nommy goodies... or how much I adore your awesome dinosaur card ;) You're the absolute greatest, and I'm so thankful you're in my life! Rawr.

Dear Extreme Makeover Home Edition:
You think you're awesome because you always manage to move in every piece of furniture, paint every wall, and finish building half the house in less than 30 minutes before the family returns home? Please. You did not see what the senior capstone exhibition looked like less than 30 minutes before the opening reception yesterday. We win. We totally win.

Dear Senior Visual Art/VMS Majors:
You're awesome. Period. And it was an honor to be a part of the capstone class/exhibition with you.

Dear Instagram:
I simply love you. And I realize that our relationship isn't exclusive anymore, because everyone and their mother is jumping on the Instagram train, but I'm okay with that. I feel like we'll always have something special, and I promise to not abandon you in the same way I've given up on Pinterest now that everyone else is arriving to the party a year late.


You can follow my Instagram feed at @simplybeffie, or view all my Instagram pics here.


Speaking of Pinterest...

Dear Pinterest-ers Who Are Now Infatuated With Pinterest Even Though I Told You All About It Well Over A Year Ago And Nobody Seemed To Think It Was The Most Awesome Concept Then:
I'm going to say this one time, and then I promise I'll never say it again: Pinterest is not a source, period. Don't credit Pinterest with all of your awesome new crafting/organizing/cooking/decorating ideas. Please, just don't. That's like crediting Google Images. Surely you realize this, right? You didn't get the idea from Pinterest. You got the idea from some other website/source by browsing Pinterest. I die a little inside every time someone says they're trying out new "Pinterest recipes" or "Pinterest crafts." Pinterest doesn't come up with recipes. Or crafts. Or anything, for that matter. They sit there and do nothing all day long except act as a search engine for people to discover all these recipes and crafts from other websites.

(I don't tend to get overly-passionate on this blog about things that drive me crazy, but this actually has to stop. And I like to think that you're all excellent people who simply never realized all of this because everyone else does it. But now you know.)

Dear New Blogger Posting Layout:
I'm not sure how I feel about you at the moment. You look pretty, but I really was fine with the old template. I don't do well with change, but I suppose we have no other choice than to get to know one another.

Dear Lady Who Works At The Little Convenience Store Under The Marketplace:
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for not judging me when I come in to buy some form of chocolate every single day.

And lastly,

Dear Bed:
It's not you, it's me. I promise. Please know that even when we go for days at a time without seeing one another, you are always on my mind, and I most certainly intend to make it up to you next week. All week long.