25 Secrets



I have a note saved on my iPhone from 2011 that simply says "591836." I have no idea what it means, but I'm afraid to erase it just in case it's important.

I had a cyst removed four days before my wedding.

I've never read any book in the Harry Potter, Twilight, or Hunger Games series.

But I have read every Babysitter's Club book ever published, so that should count for something.

I knew I was going to marry Zach after we had dated for four months.

I never put more than two ice cubes in my drink. Zero, one, or two, depending on my mood... never more.

My all-star baseball father had high hopes for me. I cried hysterically at my first t-ball practice at the age of four and never played again.

I'm on level 161 of Candy Crush.

I spent a significant portion of my childhood thinking about how cool it would be if Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen were actually triplets and I was the long-lost sister.

The first time a boy (not Zach) asked me to slow dance with him, I made it through approximately seven seconds before getting so nervous that I straight up left him on the dance floor and walked away.

I don't eat toasted bread.

Or any soup other than potato soup.

Or chicken on the bone.

I'm terrified of balloons, particularly in the hands of small children.

Someone once told me the oboe was one of the most difficult instruments to play, so I decided to learn. That ended up being one of my better life decisions.

Someone once told me that Duke was one of the most difficult colleges to get into, so I decided to apply. That ended up not being one of my better life decisions.

One day, I want to go to the airport, buy a ticket for the first flight available, and see where I end up.

I'm a big advocate for recycling and living green, but I take the longest, hottest showers of all time.

When I was little, I wanted to be a painter. No, not an artist-painter. I wanted to paint endless amounts of beige walls inside of houses.

Zach had an overnight trip to Camp Lejeune this week and I learned that I used up my lifetime supply of goodbyes in four and a half years of a military long-distance relationship. No more goodbyes, people - my heart can't handle them.

I did, however, console myself with the ever-so-stereotypical bubble bath and latest episode of Army Wives. And I didn't feel the least bit guilty about it.

I randomly decided to stop drinking soda one day in the 8th grade. Nine years later, I'm still going strong.

I'm really regretting the fact that I didn't number these, because I keep losing track of how many I've done.

If I'm driving by myself, I don't listen to the radio. Most people find that incredibly strange.

I'd always planned to drop my middle name when I got married, shifting my maiden name to my middle name and taking my husband's last name. When I arrived at the social security office, however, I couldn't go through with it... so now I legally have two middle names.