Friday Phone Dump

I feel like I've mentioned it before, but I love going back through my snapshots from the past month.


Find me on Instagram at @simplybeffie.



Five Internet finds I've enjoyed this week:
Selfless Portraits: Strangers across the world drawing each other's Facebook profile pictures. You have 48 hours to draw, sketch, paint, design, etc. a randomly-assigned portrait and then somebody will do the same based on a photo of you. So cool. Even if you're not the artistic type, it's still neat to scroll through the gallery and see what other people have come up with.
Coffitivity: According to their website, research shows that it's pretty hard to be creative in a quiet space and a loud workplace can be frustrating and distracting. I'm not sure if I've been more productive/creative over the past month while streaming these background coffeehouse sounds through my computer, but I certainly enjoy the confused look on people's faces when they come into my office and it sounds like Starbucks.
Color IQ Test: Drag and drop the colors in each row to arrange them by hue order; the lower your score is on a scale of 0-100, the better. Needless to say, I was pretty stoked to get a perfect score yesterday! Nice to know my art degree is good for something ;)
Danny and Annie: This animated clip reminds me of a precious Pixar short. It was created based on an interview with a couple recounting their twenty-seven-year romance, from their first date to the husband's final days with terminal cancer. The interview alone is such a beautiful love story, but the adorable animations make it even better.
Graphic Designer Lets Daughter Help With Artwork: A super talented artist sketches portraits and her young daughter finishes the drawing. Mom then shades it in and the result? "A bond through art that is absolutely priceless."



One more just for laughs: This article by Christian author/speaker Jen Hatmaker has me in tears every time I read it. Which has been a lot over the past month. It's even funnier if you read it aloud to someone else.
Just once, I’d like to have a normal day. Why does everything have to get jacked in this family so often? Do the rest of you just plan your days and all the elements behave accordingly? Because that is the opposite of my life... continue reading


In addition to being good at art and design, I've frequently been told that I'm good at helping others find new ways to procrastinate online. What can I say - it's a gift ;) Happy Friday!