The Quarter-Million Dollar Paper

Fifteen months later...


Duke University Art, Art History, and Visual Studies Departmental Graduation and Diploma Ceremony, complete with a fake diploma.
(My department had their ceremony a day early, so we didn't get our real diplomas until the next day after commencement.)

...I finally got my college diploma framed! I suppose a piece of paper that costs that much money probably doesn't belong in a plastic bin underneath my desk at home, even though I'll never understand why framing almost costs more than the actual diploma.




And now, it lives in my office, because I'm real professional like that. Actually, I just spend more time in my office than I do at my apartment, and I kind of like looking at it. (*narcissist alert*)

In all seriousness, there are a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (and a decent chunk of my dad's paycheck) invested in that pretty piece of paper, and even though I had a love-hate relationship with my time in college, I can't help but be proud of all I accomplished. I secretly love when someone notices my Duke t-shirt or Duke coffee mug and asks, "Oh, are you a Duke fan?"




Psh, I'm way more than a fan. I'm a Duke graduate. And I've got an over-priced piece of paper to prove it :)


Go Blue Devils!