Create-Your-Own Coffee Mug

My birthday was slightly overshadowed this year by the whole "Corrie-being-in-the-hospital-for-sixty-days-and-almost-dying" thing, but I did, in fact, turn 24 nearly six weeks ago :) While knowing Corrie was on the road to recovery was gift enough (she moved out of the Intermediate Surgical Care Unit and into a regular hospital room on my birthday), my sisters teamed up to get me a few extra goodies as well... including a "Create-Your-Own Coffee Mug" from Starbucks!

The blank ceramic mug comes with a dual-tip porcelain art pen to draw/write/doodle all over. There are few things in this world that compare to my love of coffee and my love of art, so needless to say, I was pretty excited to receive a gift that combined the two. I quickly settled on one of my favorite quotes – "All I need today is a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus" – and began working my magic.







In addition to the quote wrapped around the mug, I added a bunch of coffee-esque doodles along the bottom. I let the ink dry for an hour, baked the mug in the oven for twenty minutes, and then... tada!





Thanks, Katherine & Corrie, for such a perfect gift and for helping me celebrate a birthday I'll certainly never forget! I love you both!



PS: I've heard from quite a few people recently that they are trying to leave comments on the blog but nothing is going through. I'm still receiving some comments, though, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on. It appears as though the newest update to Blogger is affecting comments made within the Facebook app on an iPhone/iPad, so I'd recommend going the old-fashioned route with the antiquated computer OR opening the page in your iPhone/iPad's internet browser by clicking on the square with an arrow coming straight out of the top and selecting "Open in Safari." It's slightly obnoxious and will hopefully be resolved soon, but in the meantime, we'll consider this a small, small victory for the non-Apple products of the world... as Zach and his Droid aren't having the slightest problems with their commenting abilities.