Perfect Like Chicken Pie

Meet Kacey.

She's been my best friend in the world since we looked like this:


(Yeah, wow. Crazy to think we were ever that little. Now we're all grown up, over halfway through college, and about to turn 21!)

This could easily be a sentimental blog post looking back at our lives since Kacey stalked me down the halls of CBDS on the way to the library... but I'll save that for another day :) Last week, Kace sent me a text out of nowhere that read: "orgo chem lab prof just said spatular." Needless to say, I had flashbacks to our senior year physics class & proceeded to laugh aloud for a solid minute. (The other students in the library clearly were not as amused, no big deal.) However, I started thinking. Thinking about Kace & how even though we don't get to see each other nearly as much as we'd like, we can always pick things up right where we left off without skipping a beat. AND... thinking about all of her random comments that have made me laugh over the years. No, like... seriously laugh. Kacey is one of the funniest people I've ever met and she has brought SO much joy to my life. This pretty girl never ceases to brighten my day when I need it the most, and the best part is -- she doesn't try. She's simply hysterical & I love her.



With all of this in mind, I decided to pull out my old phone from high school (yes, I still have it; yes, it still works; and yes, I lock texts) and I began to relive the glorious years. From there, I skimmed through some old emails, wall posts, even hand-written notes, and within a very short amount of time, I had quite an extensive list of Kacey comments that still make me laugh every time I read them. After condensing the list tremendously, I am pleased to introduce for your viewing pleasure:


15 Of The Most Randomly Ridiculous Things
Kacey Stevens Has Ever Said
(Keep in mind that most of these are not inside jokes or responses to anything I initially said. Nope. Just comments from out of nowhere...)

15. Hii Beth! Wanna come to Costco with me and Ballz? Mmmm!

14. I hate you. I LOVE YOU - caps cancel out the previous hate.

13. You're a virgin cow. HA

12. all the guys will be like "dude, there are no hot chicks here, what the moose." and then you will walk in ohsopretty whenever it suits you and they will all be like AWWWWW HECKNAW!

11. Wait... you don't date Jack?

10. my next move is to take your frown and smash it in the door.

9. Middle aged men are my select favorites. Maybe I'll start putting my cell phone in my back pocket. You know, just as a catalyst.

8. All we've got here is Tykie, Junior (Mint), J'mooso, and Number Four

7. (in response to my text saying, "Kacey, I'm kind of in a situation and I don't know what to do.")
Uh oh. Keep the baby Beth, just keep it. I'll help you raise it.

6. Hey!! Heck you hippie! Alliteration. I immediately regret saying that.

5. I would just like to say, he had us BOTH alone in his car at different points, and he didn't get his lips on me... yup, never letting that go. Okay, I'm sorry. That is the last time I'll say anything... but NOT the last time I will allude to it. That is a guarantee...

4. you could work at Hooters. Its a decent job, nice people...

3. I am eating uncooked easymac pasta. So today is looking like it will be a challenging day.

2. it was perfectly light and fluffy and meaty. Like a chicken pie. you are perfect like a chicken pie as well.

and the number one Kacey quote that still makes me laugh no matter how many times I read it?

1. now I feel like me and hilary and chad are all best friends, and there is a really good chance that I'm middle-schooling it



Now do you see why she's my best friend? :)

*Imagine what you don't see and Do your devos hahaha! made me laugh just as hard, but simply because they have stories behind them. I still figured I'd include them somewhere, just for you, Kace.*

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson