Best. Monday. Ever

Yesterday was the best Monday ever. Seriously.

After a morning that consisted of sleeping in, doing some RA interviews/meetings, and going to class, I returned to my room and decided to (gasp) do homework. Granted, this assignment isn't due until Thursday, which normally means I wouldn't start it until late Wednesday night, possibly even Thursday morning. But I was determined to be productive!

I pulled out my textbook...


...and only died a little on the inside when I opened it up and saw that I'll be reading 600 pages this semester.


I labeled my page of notes like a good little girl...


...and even tried to get really excited about the first 45 pages I was going to spend the evening reading.


After about two minutes, I discovered that it was much more fun making hearts out of the pages than actually reading the material.


Haha, fail. But seriously, I was going to be productive! Just as I untucked the pages and flipped to the very beginning, my phone rang.

It was Kacey.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Beff. What are you up to right now?"

"I'm just in my room..."

"Well, I'm currently standing outside your dorm. Will you come let me in?"

Surprise! If that wasn't a sign from God that my art history homework could wait, then I don't know what is. I bounded downstairs, and as if seeing my beautiful Kace-Kace wasn't already glorious enough, she handed me a bag.

And guess what was inside?


OH. MY. GOODNESS. NO. WAY! The super adorable rosey prim apron from Anthropologie that I had fallen in love with just 24 hours earlier!



It's so soft and elegant AND it has pocketsss! Oh my goodness, it's just the most beautiful thing ever! Plus, now we have a cupcake making date on Saturday, so I'll get to wear it and pretend like I'm domesticated after all :)


Kacey Stevens, you're simply the best.

We sat on my couch and chatted until she had to go---she was meeting William at the movies at 10:00. As she was leaving, she suggested that I come too. I'm still not exactly sure what came over me---I'm the LEAST spontaneous person alive and I was not given at least two days' notice. But I came to the realization that I'm 21 years old, and I can go to the movies at 10:00 on a school night if I want to. So why not? The next thing I knew, I was driving to Raleigh.

We made a quick pit stop at the Dollar General to buy candy for the movie. As we walked up, Kacey said, "Isn't this the place that still sells Dunkaroos?"

I told her that I didn't think so; the Dollar General is literally a block away from my dorm and I've made many a trip throughout my years in Southgate. Yet Kacey insisted that we search every aisle, and the next thing I knew...


...Dunkaroos! We saw them at the exact same time and began squealing and dancing in the store. You don't understand. Just this past summer, Kacey & I wrote a "very elegant, yet demanding, email to General Mills demanding the immediate return of Dunkaroos." See for yourself:


Hahaha. Life with Kacey is never dull, that's for sure! Anyway, we purchased multiple boxes (as in... we only left three on the shelf. We thought about taking all of them, but figured that might be a bit much). Instantly, I had flashbacks to snack time in 1st and 2nd grade.


We even ate them the same way---using a minimal amount of icing on all the cookies, saving it all up for the last one. So. so. good. So good, in fact that we scraped out all the leftover icing. Do not judge :)


Ahhh. Told you it was the best Monday ever. Seriously. I found out that I got accepted to Duke on a Monday, and this Monday may have even topped that. But it wasn't over!

We met William at the $1.50 theater in Raleigh to watch The Social Network.


First of all, who knew $1.50 theaters even existed? Secondly, I loveeed it. I loved the nerdy awkwardness between all of the characters, only because I am SURROUNDED by it every single day. I loved the sarcasm & how funny Mark Zuckerberg's character was without even trying... adorable. Judging by the fact that I laughed at least 10x more than Kacey and William combined, I'm gonna guess that my sense of humor is slightly more nerdy than most, but I'm okay with that. We all agreed it was really good.

I drove back to Durham and saw my attempt at art history homework on my desk.


Hahaha, it was a good try. There's always tomorrow :)