Africa

I always get so excited whenever I make cards for people & want to share them right away, but I have to wait a week or so for the mail to deliver my little labor of love before I can reveal my latest projects with the rest of the world. Fortunately, both of my sweet friends have received last week's creations, and since the extent of my traveling consists of driving along I-40 between Durham & Winston, with the occasional 220 to Roanoke thrown in the mix, I figured I'd share about their recent/upcoming treks to the other side of the globe.


Hannah G. -- South Africa


Hannah & I met at Camp Bethel when we were twelve (if only I were at home with my middle school photo albums...), and although she's almost a year younger than me, she's beasting through college in three years & will graduate in just a few months at the age of 20! Insane :) Hannah got to spend two weeks of January in South Africa doing typical South African things. You know... holding/bottle feeding a baby lion, riding an ostrich, bungee jumping off the world's highest bungee jump... no big deal (BIG deal!) I know this is a crazy stressful time in Hannah's life, but I'm so proud of her for living life to the fullest, and I have no doubts that she will succeed in whatever she does :)


Amy -- Kenya


This Saturday, my Amy-love will be going to the Challenge Farm in Kenya for three weeks! She'll be helping the building team out with the church (don't worry---she'll be painting. I'm not sure if anyone is brave enough to give Amy power tools...), but more importantly, she'll be spending time encouraging the 100+ kids who live at the Challenge Farm :) Amy has been to Kenya before (obviously) and she is such a blessing to the community. As you think of it throughout the week, please pray for Amy, pray for safe travels, and pray for the lives of the precious children at the Challenge Farm that will undoubtedly be touched by her time there.


One of these days, I will graduate and finally be allowed to travel the world. Until then, I'll just make pretty cards for my friends who already do :)