Love Love Love

What I'm currently loving:


1. Smith Warehouse, Room 125.

I'm moving in. Not really by choice, but I love it nonetheless.


2. Ripped jeans.

You know, the ones that are ripped because you've had them forever, not because you bought them that way. The ones that aren't really acceptable to wear in public, but are perfect for spending hours in the art studio.


3. Katie Furrow & stickie notes :)

Yeahh, awesome mail from awesome people! (And for the record, Katie & I have about 2079 of those moments every week.)


4. My mama & more snail mail.

And not just because she sent me mail. She got to listen to me cry on the phone twice this week...within an hour and a half of each other. (It was one of those days -- graduation cannot come soon enough)


5. My daddy & childhood memories.

My head gymnastics coach used to have a nickname for everyone. I practiced every day with Lump, Twinkie, and Clifford. I, however, was much more appropriately dubbed "Slim."

Once, while on the way to a gymnastics meet, a song from the early 70s came on the radio called "You Don't Mess Around with Jim." The chorus goes:

You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim.

Except at the end of the song, some guy named Slim comes into the bar and shoots Jim, I think. Or stabs him. Maybe both. Regardless, the lyrics then change to "and you don't mess around with Slim."


I'd never heard the song before. But I'll have you know that my father sang it the remainder of that four hour car ride. And I'll also have you know that I had my best finish ever at that meet: 1st on vault, 1st on bars, 1st on floor, and 1st all-around. You really don't mess around with Slim :)

The point of that story is -- I heard the song on the radio this week for the first time since I was in the 7th grade. And I still knew every word.


6. Being the only customer in a sushi restaurant in the middle of a thunderstorm and getting to have heart-to-heart conversations with the super cute waitress :)

Haha, this was tucked in with my bill at the end of the night.


7. Leftover pizza.

I'm convinced there are few things in the world that are greater.


8. Typography Scrabble.

Oh, I know it's the inner nerd shining through, but isn't this the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? Seriously. My favorite quote from the article: "You can really nerd things up by relishing in the visual alchemy of a Helvetica 'C' alongside a Courier New 'z'."

Also, while I'm on my little design soapbox, I'd like to give a shout out to Prince William and Kate Middleton: I have a feeling that you have more money to spend on wedding invitations alone than I'll have for my entire wedding. Is that really the best you could come up with?


9 & 10. Virtual Chi Pet's "sleep mode" and 1 DAY UNTIL SPRING BREAK :)

He can't die when he's sleeping. This is such a great discovery!

So much love.