Back to Basics

As a graphic designer, I sometimes neglect my sketchbook. I know, it seems counterintuitive. Everything should start with my sketchbook, get scanned into the computer, and then perfected using Illustrator or Photoshop. But sometimes I think I can draw with my pointer finger and a trackpad better than a pen and paper. It's impossible to "Edit-Undo" something drawn in marker, let alone "Magic Wand Tool" anything.

But this weekend, it was simply me, my ProArt Spiral Sketchbook, and some black ink.



Then I busted out the markers...




...and then there was no turning back.




I have the feeling this is only the beginning.




Possibly coming soon to a mailbox near you... get ready :)


8 comments:

  1. So lovely. You should start a card company, or at least print some of your designs and sell them on Etsy ;)

    You always make me itch for markers and sketch paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look great!
    I would buy them to put in my house :)
    --Erinn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! And I really love that Hillsong song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, goodness. that Jeremiah 29:11 is my theme song right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holler! at Franklin County High School.
    Plus you're cards are super presh (Can I just say "Come Thou Fount" is possibly my single most absolute favorite song of all time?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw geez. Your talents really just baffle me. There are too many to count. How can one body contain so much magic? Oh, right, child of God :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone! One of my Duke friends asked me how my Etsy shop was going & I realized that I'd honestly forgotten about it! I'm thinking about making some more to sell; we'll see... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! im from North Carolina TOO!!!
    XOXOXO ANdrea

    ReplyDelete