Things I'm Loving Thursday


Oh, heyy! I know, I know -- it's supposed to be "What I'm Loving Wednesday," but sister here got tied down with a billion other things yesterday. With that being said, we'll just modify it to "Things I'm Loving Thursday." You should be pumped, really. I'm loving even more things today than I was yesterday. What. a. steal.

Things I'm loving this week:

The Coffeehouse


Is that not the most eclectic, artsy, hipster coffeehouse you've ever seen? Better question: don't you LOVE it? I do, for sure. I actually went into a local coffee shop in Roanoke this summer and got super sentimental because I missed the Coffeehouse so much.


Fortunately, we are reopened for the school year & I've already worked my first shift! Making money is also something I'm a fan of... especially after draining my bank account on text books for the semester.



You can read other posts about the Coffeehouse here.


In the "Things I'm Loving: Food Edition," we have

My jaw almost hit the ground when I saw these in our little convenient store on campus. Naturally, I had to buy a box (or more than one box), and... I'm hooked.



I admit it looks a little sketch. Squeezable hummus out of a tube? Stay with me, here. It was seriously some of the best hummus I've ever had. Plus, there's a lot of it, so I didn't have to ration my cracker/hummus ratio. Always a concern.

As far as everything else in the box: I don't even like nuts, but I devoured the fruit and nut mix because it was just that good. I ended up saving the edamame for later in the afternoon because everything surprisingly filled me up. And... it's impossible to go wrong with chocolate, period.

Definitely snag one of these boxes up if you get the chance.



Also on the food front:

Oh's


Only my most favorite childhood cereal EVER. I ate this stuff all the time until they stopped carrying it in grocery stores, and was beyond ecstatic years ago when I discovered that they still sell it in Costa Rica:


Senior class trip 2008

It's starting to make a comeback, and the same little Dollar General that sells Dunkaroos near campus also sells miniature boxes of Oh's for a dollar. Oh, happy day.


This week, I am also loving:

Journibles


I first read about Journibles on GraceAnna's blog a few weeks ago, and seriously ordered one within five minutes.

The idea for this comes from Deuteronomy 17:18, where God commands the kings of Israel to hand-write their own copy of the Torah, or book of the law. The purpose of this was so that they would carry it with them always, read it, learn from it, and lead the people accordingly. It's interesting to note that 3400 years later, educators have been discovering that most people learn kinesthetically, by doing or writing things out for themselves.

As you open the book, you will see chapter and verse numbers on the right-hand pages. These are conveniently spaced according to the length of each verse. However, these pre-formatted lines are left blank for you to hand-write your Journible™ book of yourself.

From these two ideas together then, comes the conception of this series of books: The 17:18 Series.
Excerpt taken from the website.

I instantly loved the concept of writing out the Scripture -- I most definitely learn kinesthetically, and as obsessed as I am with handwriting, it seemed like the perfect devotional tool for me. I ordered the "Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and 1st/2nd Thessalonians" Journible for $10 online, and I've been using it ever since. It's hardbound, and the amount of space they leave for each verse is perfect (my handwriting can be on the larger side at times, and I haven't had a problem with it yet). I definitely plan on ordering others once I fill this one up.



Cardio Dance


Me and my French braids rocked cardio dance tonight at the gym. I was initially bummed that I have class during the time they offer step aerobics, but cardio dance was a nice supplement. Not quite as fun as Zumba, but probably a better workout :)


Lastly, I'm loving:

People who receive a bag of Skittles, carefully open it up, eat the greens, oranges, & yellows, and then give the bag to you because they know that while you love Skittles, you really only eat the reds and purples :)


Ironically, these are the same people that stay up talking with you until 4:30AM... hence why this sleepy girl is about to go to bed :)


In the meantime, tell me... what are YOU loving this week?