Before I Die

First of all, I absolutely loved reading all of the things you searched for on "The Color Of!" And naturally, I had to try many of them out myself :)


If this is utterly confusing to you, then refer to the comments from the last post.


Needless to say, it's been a busy week with very little sleep. Since I am leaving in a little over FIFTEEN HOURS for Heritage Day weekend at Camp Bethel, and since I've turned in five papers (yes, FIVE) already this week and still have one more to finish by tomorrow, I do not have a plethora of fabulous doodles or fascinating life updates to share.

Instead, I'll leave you with images of what may potentially be my most favorite urban art project of all time: the "Before I Die" project created by artist/designer Candy Chang. Candy took an abandoned house in New Orleans, painted the side of it with primer & chalkboard paint, used some spray paint & stencils, and... voila!



Wait, here's the cool part!

She left chalk in a little bin attached to the wall...



...and individuals were free to fill in the blanks!


(I particularly love this picture because the bottom left says "Hike the Appalachian Trail," which is totally what I would write as well! I've looked through tons of images from this project, and have yet to see anyone choose "Meet Regis & Kelly," which would be my close runner-up.)


Isn't it one of the neatest things you've ever seen?! I've been obsessed with it for a while and felt rather selfish keeping it all to myself, so I just had to share. There are a billion other photos on Candy's website -- there were way too many good ones to choose from, so check it out!



What would you write if you stumbled upon this downtown?

I've already shared mine: "hike the Appalachian Trail" and "meet Regis & Kelly."
You think I'm kidding about the second one, but I'm not! If I think of any more, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, leave a comment about what YOU would write :)



Pinterest | Etsy | Formspring