You Are Here


This past weekend, twenty-eight women from my home church traveled to Cherry Grove, South Carolina for our 4th annual women's beach retreat. When I was growing up, the ladies would go to the Women of Faith Conference every year, but the conference started selling out a year in advance. Our solution? Purchase the Women of Faith Conference DVDs, rent a house at the beach, and have our own retreat :)



The theme of this year's retreat was "Amazing Freedom," based on John 8:32, 36.


A note to my Whippoorwill girls from this summer:
please check out my mosquito bite scratching-in-my-sleep scar on my right foot...


"And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free...
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."



In addition to the wonderful Women of Faith speakers, I enjoyed spending time with my family...


my sister, Katherine

mama & two of her girls


Katherine, mama, Maw-maw (mama's mom), & me

Aunt Melissa


...and spending time with friends...


...and of course, nightly trips to Painter's Ice Cream.


playing with the blur filters on my camera

"You know you're going to have to call this blog post 'You Are Here'..."
- a reference to my sister's not-so-bright moment while shopping at the Tanger Outlets.


I also thoroughly enjoyed late night cooking sessions while dancing to some old school Patti LaBelle/Diana Ross and taking an extensive trip down memory lane.



I absolutely love the church that I attend in Durham, but I feel so blessed to still be a part of my church in Winston... connected to such a wonderful group of women that care about me and teach me so much. The "multi-generational" small group that I've started attending at the Summit consists of individuals in their 20s AND 30s. (Crazy, I know.) The group of ladies that I spent the weekend with is a bit more multi-generational... and I genuinely appreciate the life-experiences everyone has to offer.


I also think it's really funny that the generational line is drawn right down the middle of the table...


In addition to the conference speakers & fellowship & food & shopping & puzzles & laughter, I also enjoyed an afternoon of quiet time on the beach, accompanied by a cup of hot chocolate (who knew the temperature was going to drop so drastically this past weekend??) and a little bird friend... as well as long walks with my mama & sister.



I enjoyed a pretty sunset from the roof of our house while the weather was still warm and clear.



And... I enjoyed chasing the sea gulls. Lots and lots and lots of sea gulls :)