Sepia-Toned Loving

Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go? And how come it's so hard?

It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving.
I'll tell you one thing: it's always better when we're together


I spent the past four days at my cousins' house in Florida with their two ridiculously adorable little girls. It's funny; we joked a lot about how we didn't do much since baby #3 wanted to be a party pooper (baby #3 is clearly jealous that he/she has to wait until April to join in on the fun). But really, it was perfect. It was relaxing and low-key... and definitely better together.



All of the "not really doing much of anything" consisted of being serenaded by a five year old and her violin:



...and reading books to a two year old in a new (to her) bunk bed:



...and laughing & being silly:



...and watching princess movies, and subsequently dressing up as a princess while watching princess movies:



...and recording countless videos with the ever-entertaining MacBook PhotoBooth:



...and staying up to play games, because a cousin visiting from North Carolina is a special treat:



Did I mention reading? :) Lots and lots of reading:



And lots and lots of coloring & drawing & dry erase boarding (I think I just invented that...) & paper dolls & Tinkerbell & Sunday afternoon football & Halloween costume shopping & stuffed animals & meowing & homework & stories & Wii games & Angry Birds & car seat buckling & "moo sweaty french fries" & momma cats & Skittles & flipping & giggling & tickling & cuddling & hugging & (occasionally) sleeping.



And all of these moments just might find their way into my dreams tonight
But I know that they'll be gone when the morning light sings and brings new things



I'm quite the fan of "not really doing much of anything."
Easily my most favorite fall break ever :)



But there is not enough time,
And there is no, no song I could sing
And there is no combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing:
We're better together.