Currently // August



BEAMING with pride as I watch Zach settle into his college routine. It certainly isn't easy being a 24-year-old Marine Corps veteran in class with a bunch of teenagers, but he's well past the "Life After EAS: First Week of School" phase ;)

CHECKING "grow something (preferably edible)" off my list of goals for 2013. It didn't exactly go according to plan, but nonetheless, it happened. Done is better than perfect, right? :) More on our adventures in gardening later, but in the meantime... check!

COMING to terms with the fact that getting a kitten simply isn't going to happen this summer. Our apartment lease is up at the end of next month and we're still up in the air about if we're going to renew. Not knowing if we'll be living in a pet-friendly place in a couple months means putting pet plans on hold. Womp.

CRAVING a Sierra Turkey sandwich from Panera Bread. It's my go-to, every time.

FEELING stuffy and phlegm-y and a lot of other really gross sickly adjectives. My immune system decided to take a summer vacation last week, and it still hasn't returned. Who gets sick in August? Seriously?

MISSING my adventures as a college coffeehouse barista. The start of the school year has me all sorts of reminiscent for the, like, three things I didn't hate about my life in college.

REFRESHING the 40 Days of Dating page in hopes that the whole "no new posts until September 3rd" is a joke. I'm way too invested in this experiment to not know how it turns out.

SHAKING my head at every reference to fall and pumpkin spice lattes that came up last week when it briefly dipped down to 68 degrees (it's back in the mid-80s now - no worries). Y'all, this is North Carolina. I love fall as much as the next girl, but we've got another two months before it will really be fall.

THANKING Zach for taking such good care of me while I was sick. I can handle open wounds and stitches like a champ, but give me a runny nose and I'm a baby. He put up with a lot this past week, trust me.

TRYING to figure out how my youngest sister is old enough to go to college. (Answer: she's clearly not.)

WATCHING CSI: NY which is only fueling my long-time secret desire to be a forensic scientist. It's not too late for a career change, right? Kidding. But not really.

WISHING that I could crawl back into bed right now. It doesn't help that my college-aged sister is snapchatting me pictures of herself curled up in her bed. Rude :)