Currently // April



ANTICIPATING Easter (and the chance to visit family), my sister's college graduation, and my other sister's return to Chapel Hill for surgery... all within the next three weeks! I'll certainly be writing more about all of that soon; it's about to get crazy up in here.

BRAGGING about my NCAA bracket. Granted, I didn't come close to winning a billion dollars, but I did accomplish exactly what I set out to do: beat my husband ;)

CRAVING an entire basket full of Reese's peanut butter eggs. (The chocolate-to-peanut butter ratio is a million times better in the eggs than in the regular Reese's, amiright?)

ENJOYING these longer daylight hours! I absolutely love the sun and natural light and being able to spend time outside after work. Don't get me wrong: sleeping is one of my favorite pasttimes, but I'll gladly give up an hour (or even two) if it means more sunlight!

FINISHING up a lot of independent freelance projects: graduation announcements, posters, canvas designs, and even a family photo session :) My evenings have been quite busy over the past couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to wrapping up some final edits and focusing on some other things (like blogging!) for a while.

LOVING the fact that Duke Women's Rowing is starting to get some attention! They recently opened a brand new, state-of-the-art boathouse and defeated a top-20 nationally-ranked team. (Read more in the Duke Chronicle.)

PLANNING to participate in the Triangle Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis walk later this month. The money raised is donated to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA), which is a non-profit organization whose mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, as well as improve the quality of life of individuals affected by these diseases... including my sisters.

REMINISCING about my trip to National Youth Conference (and trying to figure out how eight years have passed since I went). With Zach getting ready to attend this summer as an advisor, I'm having a blast recounting my own experiences. I'm also having a blast attempting to design an epic pillow.

THINKING about chopping all of my hair off (I've donated it four times in the past eight years). But for now, I'm still just thinking about it ;)

and...

WRAPPING my head around the fact that one of Zach's current school projects involves observing the effects of decomposition on a pig. As an art major, I've had my fair share of super bizarre projects, but this criminalistics class is something else.