Blue Devil Football



This past Saturday, Zach and I drove to Durham to spend the afternoon watching my Blue Devils play (er, destroy) the University of Kansas in football. The weather was pretty iffy on our way to Wallace Wade, but everything cleared up right before kickoff, making the 41-3 victory that much more enjoyable :)




Saturday was also Duke Football's Military Appreciation Day, so our red-, white-, and blue-oozing selves thoroughly loved the special events that took place during commercials + timeouts. We got to witness several people taking the oath of enlistment on the football field, as well as a group of individuals with the Wounded Warrior Project be honored in the end zone. During halftime, members of Duke's ROTC program (plus others) unfolded an American flag that covered the entire field while the band played the official song of each branch of the U.S. military (along with the "veterans + active duty, please stand and be recognized when your song is played" tradition).

PLUS, the first 1,500 students to the game received this. I might be really bummed about the fact that I'm old and I can't swipe into games with my DukeCard anymore.


(view from above)



Although I'm apparently too old to snag a free T-shirt from the student section, we did score some free fries from the Bryan Center before heading back home to Winston. We took our sweet time before hitting the road, to be honest. I kind of love this gothic wonderland.



I might not miss a lot of things about college life, but I will forever miss this view.



Forever Duke. Xo.