Graduation Announcement Design: Criminal Justice Edition



GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENT DESIGN: CRIMINAL JUSTICE EDITION • 12.08.14

Let's play a game called "what are my two favorite things in the entire world?" Ready, go. Did you guess cats and polka dots? If so, solid work – we can still be friends. BUT, the real answer here is my husband and print design, and these two worlds finally collided last month, bless it. Zach is officially FIVE DAYS AWAY from receiving his degree in criminal justice technology which means it's the most wonderful time of the year: graduation announcement design time!

It took some convincing on my part to get Zach to even agree to send out graduation announcements, but he was hooked once he saw his name stamped like a fingerprint.

Needless to say, there was no stopping me once Zach was on board. I love a good theme, and, y'all, my ideas were out of control. Crime scene tape! Chalk outline (of a graduate with a cap and gown, GET IT?!)! Evidence markers that spell out "2014"! Evidence bag envelopes! Caution tape address labels! I COULD DO THIS ALL DAY!

Around this point in the process, I may or may not have exclaimed, "Oohh, we can get one of those rubber stamps that says 'Top Secret' and stamp it in red ink on the outside of all the envelopes!" to which Zach may or may not have replied, "Um, there are laws about that..."

^ That sentence accurately describes our entire relationship.

I couldn't be more excited to watch Zach graduate on Saturday. He definitely could have gotten a job straight out of the military, but he put in a lot of hard work to learn all he could and get a degree before pursuing his career, and I'm so proud of all he's accomplished in the last two years.

I always knew you could do it, Z, and I have no doubt that this is just the beginning. Thanks for humoring my creative spirit... and for keeping me out of jail. Xo.