Here It Goes Again

This blog post title brought to you by one of my all-time favorite music videos. A blast from the past, if you will. And by "a blast from the past," I mean... this song was recorded during my freshman year of high school. And now I'm starting my senior year of college. Oh, boy. Anyway, I'm assuming you've all seen it, but in case you've been living under a stupid rock (Harvard Sailing Team reference), I included it for your viewing pleasure.




"Here it goes again" is right.

RA training started on Sunday. This is my third year as an RA (resident assistant) at Duke; my fourth year living in my beloved Southgate. Yep. All four years in the same dorm. The same dorm that I moved into as a bright-eyed freshman. The same dorm with hall-style bathrooms & no air-conditioning in residents' rooms. The same dorm that is furthest away from everything on East Campus.


Truthfully, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I love it.

And as crazy as it sounds, I love RA training... most of the time :)



Clearly, Christian loves RA training as well.


When we're not sitting through talks about policies, procedures, resources, and fire safety, we're more than likely eating out. Free food all week from HDRL (Housing, Dining, & Residence Life)? Yes, please.



Thus far, we've enjoyed some Enzo's, Panera, Jimmy Johns, Satisfaction, Chipotle, Whole Foods, and Ben & Jerry's. And the week is only halfway over! So many more noms headed our way.


(Let it be known that I'm typically anti-food pictures, especially at restaurants. But a bowl full of "Coffee, Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz!" ice cream? Definitely picture worthy.)



In other news, I've also spent the week attempting to organize/decorate my room for the upcoming year. I promise to show pictures once it's all in place, but be patient. That could take a while :)



And lastly, I stopped by the post office on campus for the first time since arriving back --- and was surprised to discover that I had mail. Not just any mail --- I had a letter from Hipp! If you recall, Hipp and Zach attended the same MOS school up in Maryland and worked together at the USMC School of Infantry for over a year. They've remained good friends even though they're in different units now (Hipp has been in Afghanistan since March), and I'm so glad we've stayed in touch.



Oh, heyy... now would be a perfect time to casually throw out my address for the next nine months, I suppose ;)
(You see what I did there?)

Box 91540
Durham, NC 27708

There are very few things in this world that I love more than snail mail, and since I'm almost completely done catching up on responding to the abundance of mail I received this summer, I could use another stack :)


In the meantime, I'll be training and painting and organizing and eating and cramming six people into a pickup truck for trips to Target (AND making bulletin boards & door decs---probably my number one strength as an RA. Just kidding. But only sort of).


Here it goes again...