Currently // October



APPROACHING a quarter of a century at rapid speeds (my birthday is on Thursday)! It's a big one, but I think twenty-five and I are going to get along just fine. I'm married to the man that I love, surrounded by the people I love, living in the city I love, working at a job I love – I mean, life is pretty great for this soon-to-be 25-year-old :)

CELEBRATING my 25th birthday by raising money for Heifer International, a nonprofit that is working to end hunger and poverty by empowering people in their communities – bringing hope, dignity, and self-reliance to families around the world. I'd love if you would consider join me in celebrating the big TWO-FIVE by donating 25 quarters (see what I did there?). I'll even do the math for you – it comes out to $6.25 :) I'm SO grateful to those of you who have made a contribution!

COUNTING down the days until Zach's graduation: less than two months to go! Zach has worked so hard these past two years on his criminal justice degree, and we're both looking forward to what comes next.

DREADING (that's a rather strong word, but it's also rather accurate) the end of Daylight Saving Time and the start of five straight months of the sun setting before I get off work. (insert face screaming in horror emoji – preferably cat version – here)

ENJOYING fall (and sunlight, while it lasts) times a billion. The leaves are ridiculously beautiful right now, my apartment spells like apples & cinnamon, and I'm planning to get my pumpkin carving on this weekend. High five to the states with all four seasons – it's the best!

FEELING incredibly appreciative that this October is so much different than last October.

LOVING our apartment and the DIY projects we currently have in the works. Our place in Winston is 50% larger than our place in Cary, so we're taking our time choosing (and occasionally building) pieces that we love to fill the space... and doing lots of cartwheels in the meantime :)

PLANNING to share a bunch more photos soon. Zach and I went to Hanging Rock State Park earlier this month (pictured above) and spent the day hiking + exploring waterfalls. We also took a little detour to Priddy's General Store in Danbury. Five stars, definitely recommend.

REMINDING you that last month, I said that Friends should be the next show to join Gilmore Girls on Netflix... and now it is. Bam. Thank you, Netflix, for ensuring that 25 is a spectacular year :)

REMINISCING on the 100,000 miles worth of adventures I've had in my little baby SUV. (It just hit the 100,000 mile mark last week). That car got me through two years of high school, four years of college, and over two years (so far) post grad, including four summers of summer camp staff and four and a half years of long distance dating. It's the car I picked up Zach in when he flew home from Afghanistan and the car we drove away in after our wedding. It doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon, so I suppose I'll see how many life milestones I can check off on my way to the 200,000 mile mark :)