Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis




If you donate, please send me an email here or leave a comment with your print preference + contact information.
TAKE STEPS FOR CROHN'S & COLITIS • 04.20.15

Last April, my family participated in Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis, an annual walk to raise money for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA). At the time, my youngest sister was living with an ostomy after needing surgery to remove her entire colon due to severe ulcerative colitis.

What a difference a year makes!

Since last year's walk, Corrie has had multiple surgeries to create a makeshift colon (a j-pouch) and spent countless days in the hospital with complication after complication. As of last month (fingers crossed), we'll need to update our team shirts to say "UC didn't beat me."

Cue the happy tears.

My family has seen first-hand how devastating Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis can be, and that's why we're participating in Take Steps again this year. Over 1.4 million American adults and children, including BOTH of my sisters, are affected by these digestive diseases, and it would mean so much if you joined us as we "take steps" toward finding a cure... because an actual cure would be so much better than the "hi-there's-no-hope-let's-just-remove-your-organs" cure!

For Christmas this past year, Corrie not-so-subtly hinted that she would love some hand-painted canvases for her walls... so I did just that. Using India ink and watercolors, I created canvases with two of her favorite Bible verses: 2 Timothy 4:17 and 1 Corinthians 16:14.

As a way to thank those who continue to support my family + the CCFA (and perhaps even as a donation incentive?), I'm giving away a 5x7" print of either canvas (your choice) to anyone who donates $15 or more to the CCFA on behalf of Corrie's Team. If you donate $25 or more, I'll send you an 8x10" print of either canvas.

Click HERE to donate. And friends? Thank you for supporting us through the last almost-two years, for learning about Crohn's and colitis alongside us, and for helping us spread awareness. We appreciate you so much – we couldn't have done this journey without you!